Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2008 Thoughts

I'm late to the game here, in terms of reflecting on 2008 - but I had a good year and I hope you did too. Some thoughts...

Most played artists according to my iTunes:
Alberta Cross - recording an album in Austin in early 2009.
TV on the Radio
Ryan Adams
My Morning Jacket
The Whigs
Jamie Lidell
The Black Keys
Blitzen Trapper
Yeasayer
Mark Ronson
Dr. Dog
Pela
Band of Horses
The Cool Kids
Delta Spirit
Mugison
Rilo Kiley
Rogue Wave
Stephen Malkmus
Spoon
The Felice Brothers
The Moondoggies
Pavement
Radiohead
Soundteam
Parts and Labor

Pretty interesting if you ask me. I'd like to see what my iPod had as most played and if my car could tell me how many times a given CD rotated in it's player. What was your favorite of 2009?

Bands of the Year:
My Morning Jacket, Jamie Lidell, Radiohead, MGMT

Shows of the Year - that I witnessed and can remember:
MMJ w/ Black Keys @ Red Rocks
Radiohead @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Ryan Adams @ The Fillmore SF
Spoon @ The Parish
Conor Oberst in Marfa, TX
Tom Waits @ The Palladium Dallas
Wilco (2 nights) @ Stubb's
Jamie Lidell @ The Parish
MMJ @ MSG for NYE - still not over it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That New Years show looked jaw-droppin. Is there anything that band cant do?

Diego said...

I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure your iPod syncs its most played playlists with iTunes.