Monday, September 8, 2008

The Black Keys

I recently went out to Denver to catch My Morning Jacket with The Black Keys at Red Rocks. I had never been to Red Rocks before and figured this bill warranted a pilgrimage. Needless to say the show was fantastic and I had a lot of fun running around in the mountains. In the midst of the euphoria I cornered The Black Keys in their dressing room and got a funny yet random interview. I did the recording myself so that's why the image bounces and the sound ain't so good. But we talked about everything under the sun: the flop house across the street from Stubb's, the possibility of Michael Kang (SCI) as Danger Mouse's successor in producing the next album and how Red Rocks is one giant outdoor grill. This was a learning experience as asking questions and keeping the camera focused isn't the easiest thing I've done.


No comments: